Referencing a print service results in "00178 Data: [GP tool]...cannot be copied to the server"

Jump to solution
02-26-2024 02:35 PM
ANH
by
New Contributor II

Hi team,

I'm trying to publish a print service within an Enterprise environment (following this tutorial). However, selecting either reference registered data or copy all data when analysing returns the error message "00178 Data: [GP tool]...cannot be copied to the server".

I understand that the "Allow copying data to the server" option needs to be enabled in ArcGIS Server Manager.

My questions are:

• What are the downsides of copying data to the server?
  • Why is this message occurring with the reference registered data option? Isn't that option for not copying any data to the server?

ANH_0-1708986055175.png

ANH_1-1708986129155.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

@ANH 

That is odd. Did you register your folder with the server? If you right click on the analyzer warning, does it give you options to register that folder? If not, I'd go to the portal and register the folder. And try again.

View solution in original post

HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @ANH, the downside of copying data to the server would be that you can run out of resources and that your information is now disconnected e.g. sitting in two places.

The ArcGIS Server Service account needs access to the location of your template files otherwise it will not be able to read the template file.

Regards
Henry

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

@ANH 

That is odd. Did you register your folder with the server? If you right click on the analyzer warning, does it give you options to register that folder? If not, I'd go to the portal and register the folder. And try again.

HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @ANH, the downside of copying data to the server would be that you can run out of resources and that your information is now disconnected e.g. sitting in two places.

The ArcGIS Server Service account needs access to the location of your template files otherwise it will not be able to read the template file.

Regards
Henry

ANH
by
New Contributor II

@HenryLindemann and @TanuHoque - your replies were helpful. The issue was due to the folder that the templates were is not already being registered with the server. I thought that the tool would automatically register any new folders with the server. Thank you!

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks @ANH 

Glad it helped and your issue is resolved. Yes, registering a folder or data source to a server is an interactive (and one time) process. It doesn't happen automatically.

0 Kudos