Find Street Address in Australia

09-04-2010 10:05 PM
MarkWhitehouse
New Contributor
Hi
I would like to know if it is possible to type in Street address for Australia in ArcGIS Explore to locate its position If so how and if not how to do it. I've tried using the add Text field but this is design for the Northern Hemisphere.
Thanks
A non GIS user
Mark
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi Mark,

You can use the Find tool to search for addresses anywhere in the world e.g. 101 Currie Street, Adelaide SA 5000. Or in some cases you don't even need a fully qualified address - for example typing just ESRI will take you to the ESRI offices in Redlands, California, USA.

Regards

Mike
0 Kudos
MarkWhitehouse
New Contributor
Hi Mark,

You can use the Find tool to search for addresses anywhere in the world e.g. 101 Currie Street, Adelaide SA 5000. Or in some cases you don't even need a fully qualified address - for example typing just ESRI will take you to the ESRI offices in Redlands, California, USA.

Regards

Mike

Thankyou for getting back to me, I should have explain myself a little bit better I was wondering would there be a update for adding Text data via the street address will have Australia add as at present the application is only showing the Northern hemisphere in the Multiple Fields as Address.
Also I did found that the search by addrees was working but wasn't flying to the Piont Marker it made.
Regards
Mark
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Mark,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not aware of a planned addition to the list of countries for geocoding text files - however I will submit it as an enhancement request.

Regards

Mike
0 Kudos