unable to sign into portal

03-28-2023 10:38 AM
Zack-DS
New Contributor

Hi all,

I just installed the ArcGIS for AutoCAD extension, and the basics seem to be working correctly. I am unable to sign into my ArcGIS Enterprise portal though. Every time I click "sign in" nothing happens. I've clicked the sign in button from all the places I could find it but it never responds, and there's no background window that I'm missing. I can sign into the ArcGIS Online portal though.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins", and I tried deleting the JSON file (mentioned in another post). I'm at a loss of what else to do to get this connected. There is a GIS department at my company and I'll be reaching out to them to try and solve this problem.

I'm currently running:

Autocad Civil 3D 2022

ArcGIS for AutoCAD 410

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Zack,

Off hand it sounds like the URL to the ArcGIS Entperise deployment might be slightly off. Would it be possible to send a screen capture of the ArcGIS for AutoCAD > Portal Manager so we can take a look?

Also, you mention 410 and I wanted you to know we released 420 this month: What's new in ArcGIS for AutoCAD 420

0 Kudos
Zack-DS
New Contributor

I actually have another laptop that has AFA 420 on it and I cant connect on that one either. Its running autocad civil 3d 2022 as well.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 130133.png

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the screen capture Zack, but I cannot see any of the URL to even begin to check for an issue. Can you just block out your domain portion of the DLL, or send me the image privately?

I want to check you have the Portal Web Adaptor included in the URL.

islammohamed1
New Contributor

I have the same problem. How do I log in to Enterprise system?

Can you help me please

0 Kudos
islammohamed1
New Contributor

Can you help me please
I have the same problem, I cannot access the portal
Since I cannot write the complete URL for the portal
Can you please help me individually so I can send you the url

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Reviewing the other post where you try to create a connection to the Portal for ArcGIS admin site I would not recommend this administrative URL be used with any client. The Portal administrative URL should be used in a standalone browser session.

For ArcGIS for AutoCAD the organizational URL should be in the form of https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname

0 Kudos
islammohamed1
New Contributor

My experience is weak. Can you write the correct link directly through which I can access the contents?

https://gisportalprod.te.eg:7443/arcgis

This is the link that I am connecting to only now and which does not enable me to access the username and password

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I am guessing you are using IWA or SAML as the ArcGIS Enterprise identity. Therefore you cannot using the port number as part of the URL. You must use the URL form I provided earlier. Otherwise, while using the port number will add the organizations URL to Manager you will not be able to sign-in.

I think the best course of action beyond this will be a call/email to Esri Technical Support. They will be able to assist with determining the correct URL for your organization and that the deployment is in a supported state.

0 Kudos
LieslHanlan
New Contributor

I have this same problem. Sometimes I can sign in, other times nothing happens. Sometimes if I restart AutoCAD it will begin to work, other times (like today) it won't.  😞

I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2020, ArcGIS 400. I will try installing 420. 

0 Kudos