Multiple layers in Power BI

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 12:01 PM
LisaDygert
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I want to create a map using ArcGIS for Power BI that would show more than one layer in the same map visual.  Is that possible?  

I have water sample results data.  I am using the addresses for the point locations.  Ideally, I would like to be able to create a map that shows all result values that are not detected (ND) as a specific color and size circle.  All results ranging from 0-5 as a different specific color and size circle. All results ranging from 5-10 as a different specific color and size circle, and all results greater than 10 as a specific color and size circle.

If I try to load it all as one table (layer), I don't seem to get the options to be able to specify manual breaks in the values for the results field for size.  I can choose the colors I want if I create a new field that creates classes for each of the result value groups I listed earlier, but the size classes, I cannot seem to be able set manually.

If I try to add the data in as separate layers (tables) with filters set for each so to create the color groups that way, it symbolizes all of the layers the same.  If I change the color and/or size for one of them, it changes the color and size for all of them as the same.  

Is there a way to be able to display data in this fashion to be able to display the data as I need?  

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Lisa D

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello there Lisa, thank you for your question.

ArcGIS for PowerBI currently supports a single PowerBI data source. However, with new Enhancments made to reference layer joining, you may be able to publish one of the data sets to ArcGIS Online to have them visually appear on the map (and do some rudimentary analysis with) See this document ,for more info: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/power-bi/design/join-layers.htm

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello there Lisa, thank you for your question.

ArcGIS for PowerBI currently supports a single PowerBI data source. However, with new Enhancments made to reference layer joining, you may be able to publish one of the data sets to ArcGIS Online to have them visually appear on the map (and do some rudimentary analysis with) See this document ,for more info: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/power-bi/design/join-layers.htm

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
NeelJy
by
New Contributor

Within ArcGIS to Power BI, you work with data from the geographic world through layers. Layers are a collection of geographical data used to construct maps. They are also the basis of geographical analysis. For instance, the Power BI data layer may represent a set of retail outlets. It may include attributes that define the characteristics of each store, like names of stores, the manager, its quarterly or annual revenue and profit, and many other features. The reference layers you add to the map can give context to the data layer. Reference layers that are part of your ArcGIS company and ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World could include data on demographics like household income and education level or give more details about the areas around the areas of your map. Power BI training provides an in-depth understanding of Multiple layers in Power BI.

0 Kudos