Raster functions output in Image Analyst

Jump to solution
02-20-2024 12:53 PM
JadedEarth
Occasional Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS Pro version 3.2.2 with Windows OS 10.

I processed a NAIP image (1-meter resolution satellite image) using six raster functions.  I'm satisfied with the final output.  Now, I understand that I cannot export the final raster dataset to a file geodatabase since these functions are for viewing purposes only.  But I really need the data and the final raster from these processes.

I'm trying to package the resulting layers (about 6 of them).  I'm not sure, however, if this will lead me to the actual data in the final raster.

Does anyone know how I can actually get the data into a file geodatabase for my final raster?

Appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
HongXu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Not only can you view raster function processing result on screen,  but also  persist the processing result as a raster dataset on disk including the file geodatabase. After you have the processed layer, use Copy Raster Geoprocessing tool to save the result, it can be geodatabase, it can also be other formats like TIFF or CRF. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

To follow up with @HongXu , here is the documentation on the tool if you are unfamiliar with it. The output should take on the visualization of the raster function used. 

Copy Raster

0 Kudos
JadedEarth
Occasional Contributor

Found out how to save the raster:  Use Generate Raster From Raster Function tool.  Since I've created the Raster Function Template file (.rft.xml), I can use this tool by referring to the rft file.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
HongXu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Not only can you view raster function processing result on screen,  but also  persist the processing result as a raster dataset on disk including the file geodatabase. After you have the processed layer, use Copy Raster Geoprocessing tool to save the result, it can be geodatabase, it can also be other formats like TIFF or CRF. 

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

To follow up with @HongXu , here is the documentation on the tool if you are unfamiliar with it. The output should take on the visualization of the raster function used. 

Copy Raster

0 Kudos
JadedEarth
Occasional Contributor

I don't think this would work.  I'm referring to Raster Functions in Image Analyst license as shown in the menu:

RasterFunctions.JPG

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Stretch—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

but not from the raster functions if you want to stretch the raster then save the result

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JadedEarth
Occasional Contributor

Are you sure you're referring to the raster created by Raster Functions that come with Image Analyst license?  I'm not sure that would work.  I tried exporting the output raster of, for example, the Stretch raster function but it can't do it.

0 Kudos
JadedEarth
Occasional Contributor

Found out how to save the raster:  Use Generate Raster From Raster Function tool.  Since I've created the Raster Function Template file (.rft.xml), I can use this tool by referring to the rft file.

0 Kudos
HongXu
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Glad you found a way. Both should work.

Copy Raster will take the raster layer created from your processing chain as input.

Generate Raster From Raster Function takes the .rft as input.

0 Kudos
JadedEarth
Occasional Contributor

Tried Copy Raster as suggested here also my solution.  Found that Copy Raster performs faster than Generate Raster from Raster Function.  So, I've been using Copy Raster instead.  Thanks for the tips.

0 Kudos