Error Loading MMPK in Indoors Mobile

Jump to solution
03-31-2023 11:56 AM
AlistairM
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I have encountered an issue after upgrading to Pro 3.1.0 where MMPKs that I publish (I'm using ArcGIS Enterprise 11) cannot be opened in the ArcGIS Indoors Mobile app (1.12.0 Build 1080 for iOS on iPhone 12). I consistently get the same error with many different MMPKs where the data resides in different file and enterprise GDBs: "The following items are missing or not configured correctly in the map. Layers: Levels, Facilities". These layers are present in the map and named as such. When I view the MMPK in Pro everything draws as expected and the floor filter functions correctly. 

I have one example where the MMPK was working perfectly in the Indoors Mobile app, I then made a trivial change to a layer's symbology, republished the MMPK and now get this error. Has anyone encountered anything similar??

Thanks in advance,

Alistair

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @AlistairM sorry you ran into this issue. This is a known issue at Pro 3.1 release if you have a layer in your MMPK towards the top of the draw order which is referencing to a feature service. The Pro team responsible has addressed this and will be available in Pro 3.1.1. I will post an update when it is available for download. For now, you can try re-ordering your layers or source them from a local geodatabase but I understand that this workaround may not work in all cases. Alternatively, you can create the MMPK with Pro 3.0.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @AlistairM sorry you ran into this issue. This is a known issue at Pro 3.1 release if you have a layer in your MMPK towards the top of the draw order which is referencing to a feature service. The Pro team responsible has addressed this and will be available in Pro 3.1.1. I will post an update when it is available for download. For now, you can try re-ordering your layers or source them from a local geodatabase but I understand that this workaround may not work in all cases. Alternatively, you can create the MMPK with Pro 3.0.

AlistairM
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply

0 Kudos
JadeFreeman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @GauravJobanputra , I am experiencing the same issue, thank you for the update.  I'm also running into an issue using the Create Mobile Map Package geoprocessing tool and wonder if it could be related.  When running the tool, it starts up and then just seems to hang.  It looks like it's doing something but checking CPU, memory, and GPU activity it's hard to believe it is actually doing anything and eventually I end up having to kill the job which then hangs Pro and I have to kill Pro from task manager.  We've been using the geoprocessing tool as part of a model that publishes the MMPK and then shares it to Portal for quite awhile now without issue until updating to 3.1.

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@JadeFreeman thanks for posting. The issue with MMPK at Pro 3.1 is exhibited by both the Share Mobile Map Package tool in the ribbon and the Create Mobile Map Package gp tool and will be addressed in Pro 3.1.1 Patch.

However, I am able to run the GP tool successfully with Pro 3.1 - it does not hang. I would like to know a couple of things to help investigate further. Can you please share (DM or Email me if required):

- The python call to the GP tool with all arguments

- Screenshot of table of contents with the Draw Order and Data Source tabs.

Also, can you please try with a single or a few buildings in your extent instead of the entire campus?

0 Kudos
Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor

The 3.1.1 update does not seem to resolve issues when using the Create Mobile Map Package gp tool.  Here's a screenshot of the model I've been using for about a year now w/o issue:

Jade_Freeman_0-1681224713070.png

Here's a screen vid running the model using the extent of one building
https://www.screencast.com/t/79bMprW8Pke

As you can see, the model appears to be running but no messages are output, nothing is output to the output dir specified and eventually, I have to kill Pro using task manager.

Here's the Python call to run the model with inputs in the screencast above:

arcpy.ImportToolbox(r"C:\temp\sdm-services\IPF Indoors\IPF Indoors.tbx")
arcpy.IPFIndoors.CreateMmpkAndShare(
    Output_MMPK_file=r"C:\temp\mmpk\IPF Indoors v12.mmpk",
    Extent='-9406147.94364015 5271099.64778317 -9405881.40931504 5271276.60746578 PROJCS["WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere",GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984",DATUM["D_WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137.0,298.257223563]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.0],UNIT["Degree",0.0174532925199433]],PROJECTION["Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere"],PARAMETER["False_Easting",0.0],PARAMETER["False_Northing",0.0],PARAMETER["Central_Meridian",0.0],PARAMETER["Standard_Parallel_1",0.0],PARAMETER["Auxiliary_Sphere_Type",0.0],UNIT["Meter",1.0]],VERTCS["WGS_1984",DATUM["D_WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137.0,298.257223563]],PARAMETER["Vertical_Shift",0.0],PARAMETER["Direction",1.0],UNIT["Meter",1.0]]',
    Folder="Indoors",
    Groups="'Esri support';'Campus Infrastructure';'IPF Training Team';.SDM-Managed-Content",
    Input_Map="'IPF Indoors MMPK v1.2.0'"
)

Here's a screenshot including the table of contents.  This map was shared successfully with the Create Mobile Map Package ribbon tool using the entire campus extent as reported earlier.

Jade_Freeman_1-1681225143621.png

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
0 Kudos
Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor

Here's a screenshot after about a half-hour of running

Jade_Freeman_0-1681226183790.png

Still nothing in output directory...

0 Kudos
Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor

Screenshot of the datasources

Jade_Freeman_1-1681226333728.png

(same map I was able to share successfully earlier using the ribbon tool)

0 Kudos
Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor

Here's running the standard Create Mobile Map Package gp tool:

https://www.screencast.com/t/ghjCOo7woFQ

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
0 Kudos
Jade_Freeman
Occasional Contributor

One more test, new map with just facilities, levels, units and details using Create Mobile Map Package tool:
https://www.screencast.com/t/2oc7W03gCk0V

0 Kudos