Data Expression Question

Jump to solution
09-13-2023 08:44 AM
DanielBrumm1
Occasional Contributor II

How is everyone developing Data Expressions to feed widgets on their Analysis page? Currently my process is, I find a component by name, join it with the Metrics table and then try different search combinations to get the data I want. When I try to configure my Widget from the expression it gets even worse. I can never seem to get it to work correctly.
Case in point: I want to track our most active feature service and see how many requests it handles throughout the day. Basically, the same kind of graph you can generate in ArcGIS Server Manager. I feel like there must be a straightforward approach to accomplish this, but I don't have a good workflow yet. How do you know if Monitor even tracks that information? If it does track it, how do you get it? Do I setup my expression by querying the feature service or the ArcGIS Server?
thoughts or suggestions. I am all ears!! You won’t hurt my feelings if I am being a dummy about this 🙂

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Daniel, this is what I have come up with as far as an expression. As part of my selection, I did have to go through and specify the removal of the System / Utility folder services.

ReeseFacendini_0-1694638608908.png

This is my element configuration as well

ReeseFacendini_1-1694638665242.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Daniel, this is what I have come up with as far as an expression. As part of my selection, I did have to go through and specify the removal of the System / Utility folder services.

ReeseFacendini_0-1694638608908.png

This is my element configuration as well

ReeseFacendini_1-1694638665242.png

DanielBrumm1
Occasional Contributor II

@ReeseFacendini  this is exactly what I needed, thank you so much for taking the time!! 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
MikeScarff1
New Contributor

This is extremely helpful. 

A resource of basic expressions/elements for host machines and servers would be fantastic..

Just getting started and dissecting the Sample analysis works -but I feel like I'm missing something.

René_Ténière
Occasional Contributor

Don't worry @DanielBrumm1 I also feel like a fish out of water when it comes to these expressions... Any examples are greatly appreciated!

R.

ChrisTaylor2
New Contributor III

Seconded! 🙂

Chris

TimLehn
New Contributor II

Agree!

ChrisRobinsonCOF
New Contributor III

I agree as well... I feel there is so much useful information in monitor, I am just struggling with ideas of what would be the most informative analysis's to be displaying and notifying us on.  Ideas, samples, suggestions would be very appreciated.

Chris 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ChrisRobinsonCOF,

I am just struggling with ideas of what would be the most informative analysis's to be displaying and notifying us on.  Ideas, samples, suggestions would be very appreciated.

Please take a look at this blog, 5 Useful ArcGIS Server Analysis Elements in ArcGIS Monitor

Hope this helps,

ChrisRobinsonCOF
New Contributor III

Derek,

Thank you for posting the link to this!  I actually had just found the blog section of the community and found that one very useful.

Chris

0 Kudos