Is it really impossible to get ANY printout from a map with secured feature services?

02-05-2014 12:12 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: JamesP@esdm.co.uk

I can get printing to work with secured mapservices displaying on the map, but when I try to use the same data as a secured feature service the map printing fails.

At the moment I can't find ANY way to get a print out of of any description of maps using a secured feature service.

Surely this can't really be the case ?
What have I missed ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: JamesP

I assume I should be able to use local secured feature services if I use a local print service (in ArcGIS Server 10.2)

However every time I try and print from the main AGOL webmap - I get an error in the ArcGIS server log

My test map has one secured  service served from the local copy of ArcServer and an ESRI aerial layer

Error executing tool.: Layer "6244c788fdb34579b7cf3cb5e5e6dcba_2217": Failed to create layer from service at http://utility.arcgis.com/usrsvcs/rest/services/6244c788fdb34579b7cf3cb5e5e6dcba/FeatureServer/0?tok..... Failed to execute (Export Web Map). Failed to execute (Export Web Map Task).

If I cut and past the url above I get a bad token error

ANy suggestions?

Thanks
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually that print url in previous post is the same as I get if I view the details of the layer in AGOL and then click on the "feature service" link - this also gives me the same invalid token error - even though I can add it to a map OK

I have added the rest service into my contents and saved the user name and password that its secured with.

Should I be doing something different ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
GiosiaPoma
New Contributor III
Hello,
i've changed the code in the ExportWebMapForm with adding the generated token in the printTask object and I can print secured service without any problem.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,
i've changed the code in the ExportWebMapForm with adding the generated token in the printTask object and I can print secured service without any problem.

Thanks for that - I assume you mean you have modified one of the generated code options to produce the js for the map page?

I as hoping that printing might be possible from the default AGOL website - without having to generate a locally hosted web page.  I would have thought technically it should be possible - just seems very inconsistent behavior wise

Thanks
James
0 Kudos
GiosiaPoma
New Contributor III
Sorry, I didn't see the location of the thread... I supposed that we was in the flex thread.
0 Kudos