Filter Choice Lists in QuickCapture?

02-28-2024 10:59 AM
Labels (1)
Adam_Inglis
New Contributor II

Is there a way to filter a choice list that has been derived from a non-hosted Portal feature layer?  We are collecting construction photos in a single layer for serval different areas that change periodically.  I would like to add the new areas and remove the areas that no longer require inspection from the QuickCapture choice list so that end users aren't faced with dozens of choices, instead of the 20 or so that they need to work on at any given time.

I know we could do this in Survey123, but I want to retain the oriented imagery metadata which S123 doesn't currently support.

Thanks, 

Adam

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Adam - in the coming release (due March 14th) we are adding support for dynamic choice lists.

This means that a project user input can be based off the values coming from a feature service field.Not only will the list reflect the latest values in the feature layer, you can apply a where clause in order to filter the returned results. For example, only show records that have a username in the user field that match the current signed in user.

JohnathanHasthorpe_0-1709264737578.png

Please go to ArcGIS QuickCapture if you want to test out the beta.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
WILERMJOSEPERAZAPIMENTEL
New Contributor II

Hi! Can you help me, please? I need to create a dynamic or cascading list in QuickCapture, so that it brings me a filtered list. Is it possible? For example, in the feature, I have 2 fields, ID and place. I want it to display the ID data first and then show the places associated with it. Thanks in advance for your assistance! Best regards

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @WILERMJOSEPERAZAPIMENTEL  - This is not currently supported in the application. But I have logged your request as a requirement.

0 Kudos