Create a custom webhook with Power Automate/Logic Apps with Enterprise Portal

02-20-2024 01:38 AM
AndrewReynoldsDevon
Occasional Contributor

I've found a connector in power automate that works with AGOL but I want to create a custom connector that looks at our 10.8.1 Enterprise portal which listens to a feature layer so that when a record is created to the feature layer the flow is triggered. 

8 Replies
SusanMathai
New Contributor III

I have a similar need. thanks for the post, we will wait for Ismael or others to chime in for a solution.

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately feature service webhooks are not available in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1. They were added in 11.1

The suggestion to use the Survey 123 webhook could possibly work if that made sense for your workflow: using a survey to submit a record. Otherwise, you don't really have any options in 10.8.1 Enterprise to listen for new features short of deploying a custom server object interceptor (SOI)

Edit -- I missed the fact this was posted to the Survey 123 community, so I'll guess that you are indeed using Survey123. Without testing myself, I believe this should be possible. The connectors in Power Automate are great: they make it really easy to setup connections, but almost everything those connectors provide could be manually setup. Inside Power Automate, if you start your Flow with When a HTTP request is received -- this listens for incoming webhook payloads. Save your flow, you'll get a webhook URL, copy that, and then manually add it into the Survey123 webhook payload URL. After that you'll need to build out the logic in Power Automate to parse the respond and get the information you're after.

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Could they not just set up a "normal" S123 connector? I wasn't aware that was locked to post 10.8.1 environments. (Here is my old  and new guides for reference.)

But as I was thinking about this more, this post doesn't mention that this feature isn't available to 10.8.1. If it is available, then you could do something similar to what I am testing today. I am using this connector to regularly run on a Feature Layer and bypass webhooks all together.

0 Kudos
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

The Survey123 connector is not part of the new Enterprise connectors (this is why you don't see it mentioned). You can see the high level "buckets" in Power Automate where S123 is it's own entity.

KevinHibma_0-1708444848174.png

I'm not on the Survey123, nor the team developing the Enterprise connectors (I come from core webhooks in Enterprise), so at the risk of saying something incorrect, my understanding is the S123 connector is hardwired to connect to ArcGIS Online and will only find surveys in there, thus they cannot use this connector for Enterprise. Looking at your guide - you have specific instructions on an Enterprise connection to S123: I've never seen this before, and I don't see it now while looking through PA. Perhaps my knowledge is out of date, or my subscription doesn't have the correct access. Apologies if I've posted some incorrect information. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Those are the only pre-built Esri connectors I am aware of. The "Survey123" connector listed there is for AGO only.

You need to make a custom connector for Enterprise (I linked the guide to do that below).

I also posted this today, which bypasses the Webhook entirely and just uses the ArcGIS/ArcGIS Enterprise connectors. Again, the latest version of Enterprise that I have used is 10.9.1, so I am unsure if some of these are missing from 10.8.1. I don't think so though.

0 Kudos
AndrewReynoldsDevon
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I tried your guide in the link above but those Arc GIS connectors in Power Automate require a premium license. Do you have a solution which doesn't require this?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Sorry, but I am not aware of a way to achieve this without a Premium license.

To begin this process, you need either the Custom Connector to listen for a survey submission, or you need the new ArcGIS connectors to watch the feature layer directly.

Then, if you are looking to generate a Feature Report, you either need the Custom Connector to generate the report, or you can do it the old manual way (which requires HTTP actions - which are premium).

In either case, I believe that the Premium license is required.

If that is out of scope for your organization, you can look into Make (formerly Integromat). It is likely a more cost-effective solution for anyone not already in the MS ecosystem.

0 Kudos