ArcGIS Utility Network Session Management

Jump to solution
02-24-2024 09:54 AM
KaushikDas123
New Contributor

Hi All,

I have a query like what can be alternative solution for ArcFM GDBM and Session Manager in ArcGIS pro with Utility Network?

I would really appreciate your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlanHope
New Contributor III

KaushikDas123 - we have implemented the GDBMXI solution without the need for any professional services with our utility network solution, we do leverage the ArcFM solution for our GIS work management. There are alternative products from other vendors which exist in this space but I cannot speak to how successful they are. Alternatively you could look at custom solutions or building something using FME, when we evaluated this space we landed on a productized solution within the ArcFM suite. Happy to discuss this more if you would like to connect.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

I see the ARCFM GDB administrative tools as obsolete as the branch versioning no longer needs constant maintenance

Session Mgr - We're developing our own solution for this.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
jens.dalsgaard&@volue.com
Volue Technology Denmark A/S
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
volue.com
0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Schneider Electric has created versions of these solutions on top of branch versioning if you are an ArcFM XI customer.

If you are not an ArcFM XI customer and are looking for examples using core Esri products, I recommend you watch this presentation from this year's IMGIS (https://mediaspace.esri.com/playlist/dedicated/246131802/1_k4v1qmbb/1_hffdbe23). Houston Water's presentation includes a demonstration of how they're using ArcGIS Workflow Manager to track work and manage the workflows associated with their versions.

0 Kudos
AlanHope
New Contributor III

KaushikDas123 - we have implemented the GDBMXI solution without the need for any professional services with our utility network solution, we do leverage the ArcFM solution for our GIS work management. There are alternative products from other vendors which exist in this space but I cannot speak to how successful they are. Alternatively you could look at custom solutions or building something using FME, when we evaluated this space we landed on a productized solution within the ArcFM suite. Happy to discuss this more if you would like to connect.