Full Motion Video 1.4.1 - Multiplexer Output videos not read

11-03-2020 11:32 AM
DanielShaffer2
New Contributor III

Hi, all!

I'm using ArcMap 10.7.1 and FMV 1.4.1 on Windows 10.

The Multiplexer works fine for me. And the output videos play perfectly within the FMV player. However, nothing other than the FMV player will read them.

I get prompts to download codecs that then do not work, and/or media players just crash. Typically I'm asked to download an MPEG-2 codec or encoder.

The Export Video Frames for Orthomosaic also does not recognize the output videos (I'm guessing). I get an error saying:

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source

Failed to execute (ExtractVideoFramesForOrthomosaic)

Is this a file type registration issue? Some other known issue?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottSweet2
New Contributor III

They apparently do not reply to posts about FMV. This was a long time ago and you never got an answer?

0 Kudos
DanielShaffer2
New Contributor III

Actually, I got some help directly from Tech Support and didn't think to come back here and close the thread out.

Apparently, the Codec issue is just a problem with the older version of FMV. It is supposedly resolved in current version associated with ArcGIS Pro.  But I have not tested that, as we eventually realized that the playback of georeferenced video showing the camera frame on the ground wasn't necessary for our work. So, I stopped pursuing it.

If a moderator reads this and I'm incorrect about that issue being resolved in new versions, please let the world know.

0 Kudos