Model builder, find minimum value, Iterate feature class

Jump to solution
08-04-2014 06:36 AM
jamiefinney
New Contributor III

Hi i'm struggling to finalize a model i'm making. from my final results i want to extract the lowest (minimum) value and save it.

i'm using an "iterate feature classes" tool so i need to be able to add %name% into the expression so it will find the lowest value for each of the files that goes into the tool

The column Elev_Diff is the column i want the minimum value from

the name of the file will be a variable (from iterator) called %name%

any ideas?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

I believe that the issues being faces are related to the geodatabase referenced in G (7_Match_DTM_Assessment.gdb) and used for the FC to FC in B. This is currently a File Geodatabase (.gdb) and needs to be a Personal Geodatabase with a .mdb extension.

jamiefinney
New Contributor III

Thats worked at last. i had no idea this query would work in a personal geodatabase rather than a file one.

just curious is there a reason for this or a method that would work for a file geodatabase?

0 Kudos
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm glad to hear this worked! The reason that it won't work in a File Geodatabase is because it requires the use of a subquery ("Elev_Diff in (select MIN(Elev_Diff) from <featureclass>”) which isn't supported in a File Geodatabase as of yet. One way that this could be worked around is by running the process through Python and finding the minimum value there instead.

0 Kudos