Park Finder - Can't search by Park Name

04-16-2013 11:22 AM
Allison_Laforet__Charko
New Contributor III
We have been successful in publishing the Parks Finder app with our municipality's data.
One thing that we are having issues with is searching by park name.
If we search by park name, we do not get any results.  If we search by activity, we get all of the expected results.
Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know the solution to this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23559[/ATTACH]

Thanks,
Allison
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Allison_Laforet__Charko
New Contributor III
Mike: our site is private and on our intranet.

Mark: Thanks for the advice! I'll try to get that tested ASAP but unfortunately I only work at that position on Tuesdays.  Hopefully I can sneak out and get that tested sometime today or tomorrow so that this can be figured out!
0 Kudos
Allison_Laforet__Charko
New Contributor III
Hi Mark,
I followed your steps. When I stepped through the debugger:
   layerID: Array[1] 0:0, length: 1
   searchfields: Array [1] 0: FacilitySitePoint.NAME
   Searchtext: Ypres

When I go to the services directory and add these to the Find task, it says "No Results Found"

I used an MSD that was published for all of these tasks.

I tried something different: I published the MXD directly.  When I do the find task in the services directory, using the values above, I actually get the expected result. Problem is, when I use the map service published from the MXD, the application doesn't work. When I search on the name of a park, or an activity, I get the message: 'feature.attributes[...]' is null or not an object

Could the issue be the difference between an MSD and an MXD? If that's the case, how can I get the MXD to work in my application since it is the only way to get the results?

Thanks again for all of your help,
Allison
0 Kudos
DavidCureton
New Contributor II
Was this issue resolved?  I am having the same problem.  It appears to be related to the join between the featureclass and table in the MXD.  If I remove the join, the park name query works, but of course, I loose other functionality in the application.
0 Kudos
Allison_Laforet__Charko
New Contributor III
I found this article: http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40862
Followed the steps and the app works in Chrome (YAY!!!) but it doesn't work in IE (BOO...).
So now I can get the result by park name, or activity but only in Chrome (HOORAY!).

Anyone know how to get it to work in IE?

The info windows don't work and when you search on activity nothing is returned.  Basically we keep getting:

'infoActivity[...].SearchKey' is null or not an object
0 Kudos
DavidCureton
New Contributor II
Thanks for the link Alison!  That fixed the problem for me.  Mine is now working in Firefox, Chrome, and IE9.  I have not seen that other error you are describing.  I wonder if you have a second issue in your app.

David
0 Kudos