How do we add time extent to a feature layer in the new Android SDK (100.0.0) ?

04-06-2017 04:23 AM
SushantGiri
New Contributor

I am creating a map application where I have a feature layer. The layer consists of fire events taking place in the country. In the previous SDK, Time Extent feature was included so that the fire events could be filtered but the new SDK release(100.0.0) does not have this class so, my concern is, how do I implement this feature??

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CenterlineMapping
New Contributor III

Hello Sushant,

We have not been able to find a Time Extent solution using the older 10.2.8 version of the Android SDK either.  There seems to be documentation although, we are unable to apply the time extent to the dynamic map service layer.  Keep us informed if you find a solution.

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Centerline Mapping‌,

For the older version of the runtime, have you tried using LayerTimeOptions | ArcGIS Android 10.2.9 API  ?

Thanks,

Alexander

0 Kudos
CenterlineMapping
New Contributor III

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your response.  We were not aware of that class.  Is there more documentation other than the link above that show how to implement this for a dynamic map service layer such as radar on Android?  We are very interested to enable time on several map services.

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Centerline Mapping‌,

This documentation is the only other thing that I found. Time-aware layers—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android | ArcGIS for Developers 

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Thanks,

Alexander

0 Kudos
ShellyGill1
Esri Contributor

Maybe you already found this info, but you can find out how to serve time-aware services here:

Serving time-aware layers—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

This links to the desktop information as well, on how to configure the time-aware data in ArcMap that you then use to publish your service. Once that's set up you can then look at the API in Android that Alexander pointed out.