Address Data Management Split Intersecting Road tool errors when using ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
02-09-2022 01:47 PM
CochranBob
New Contributor II

After updating to ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2 the the Split Intersecting Roads Attribute Rule no longer functions. It seems something was put in place to stop the iteration through split roads. When creating a new intersecting road I get the error message shown. the cut function. Anyone else having this problem?

CochranBob_1-1644442974958.pngCochranBob_2-1644443098552.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@CochranBob, we were able to find the issue. It appears that the logic for Cut changed at 2.9 and rather than returning an empty array when the feature was not cut, it is returning 1 feature, the original geometry. So it is a fairly easy fix, on line 61 rather than checking if their are 0 features in the array, check if there are less than 2 features. See the screenshot below.

ChrisFox_0-1644523017684.png

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

1st make sure var 'road' is pointing to RoadCenterline. Secondly take a look at the trigger, it is set to trigger on insert. Try switching it to trigger on update?

0 Kudos
CochranBob
New Contributor II

I tried this and it did not seem to work. I went back to the downloaded original out of the box solution and am seeing this problem there as well

. Leads me to believe something changed in how the Arcade is being ran or that there is a new limitation.

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@CochranBob, I was able to reproduce this issue started with 2.9. It seems to occur if the road you sketch overlaps a road or touches more than one road. If it just touches one road the rule runs succesfully. We are looking into this now and will respond back with our findings and potential fixes to the rule. 

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@CochranBob, we were able to find the issue. It appears that the logic for Cut changed at 2.9 and rather than returning an empty array when the feature was not cut, it is returning 1 feature, the original geometry. So it is a fairly easy fix, on line 61 rather than checking if their are 0 features in the array, check if there are less than 2 features. See the screenshot below.

ChrisFox_0-1644523017684.png

CochranBob
New Contributor II

Thank you for the quick response on this. There is some really cool stuff in this solution. Nice work!

0 Kudos
avonmoos
Occasional Contributor

What file are you editing?

0 Kudos
CochranBob
New Contributor II

Attribute Rules in the geodatabase. There are good examples in the Address Management Solution for addresses and Roads.

CochranBob_0-1663084539024.png

0 Kudos
RitaTaylor
New Contributor II

Where do we find the script to update. I'm on 3.0 but it doesn't seem to be fixed in the upgrade. 

0 Kudos
CochranBob
New Contributor II

You have to manually change it. The basic functionality of the arcade 'cut' function changed after the Address Management Solution was released. In Chris's response above he has the code line highlighted and edited where the change is needed to fix this problem. I would not expect this to be fixed until ESRI releases a new version of the Address Management solution accounting for the change in Arcade functionality, but you can fix it yourself based on his response.

0 Kudos